Various fish species Unknown
Product images of Various fish species
Various fish species
Ichthyological study of various species of eel, including:
- A painted eel, Echelus myrus, here styled Myrus rondel.
- A largehead hairtail, Trichiurus lepturus, here styled Mucu Brasiliensibus.
- A sand fish, Awaous tajasica, here styled Tajasica Brasiliensibus.
- A banded knifefish, Gymnotus carapo, here styled Carapo Brasiliensibus.
- An unidentified species of bandfish, here styled Taenia rondel.
- A snake blenny, Ophidion barbatum, here styled Ophidion rondel.
- An unidentified species of bandfish, here styled Falx Venetorum Bellonii.
Printed inscription: ‘Tab: G.7. Sumptibus D: Richardi Beaumont e S. R.’ Numbered ‘38A’ in the top right-hand corner.
Plate G:7 from De historia piscium libri quatuor, by Francis Willughby and John Ray (Oxford, 1686).
Francis Willughby (1635-1672), British naturalist, was an Original Fellow of the Royal Society.
John Ray (1627-1705), British naturalist, was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1667.
Richard Beaumont (c.1654 - 1692) was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1684.
- Image reference: RS-20623
- The Royal Society
More by the artist Unknown.
Explore the collection Animals and nature prints and drawings.
We use a 240gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.
Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.
Read more about our fine art prints.
Manufactured in the UK
All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.
We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.