Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks James Record

Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks by James Record

Fine art poster
Fine art poster

  • Amazing giclée print quality
  • 280gsm thick fine art print paper
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Framed picture
Framed picture

  • Premium wooden frame with a thick bevel-cut mount
  • Fully strung, ready-to-hang
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Canvas
Canvas

  • 400gsm artist grade cotton
  • Giclée fine art print
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • European kiln-dried knotless pine
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Postcard
Postcard

  • Printed on 320gms thick watercolour paper
  • Blank reverse for your own message
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Greetings card
Greetings card

  • Printed on 320gms thick watercolour paper
  • Blank inside for your own message
  • Supplied with envelopes and protective cellophane sleeves
  • Dimensions:
    • x cm overall ( x in)
    • x cm image ( x in)
£14.95

Image information

Close
Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks by James Record zoom

Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks

Depiction of the south elevation and section of the second lighthouse built upon the Eddystone Rocks, near Plymouth, following the destruction in 1703 of Henry Winstanley's first version. This second lighthouse, a conical wooden structure built around a core of brick and concrete, was constructed under the management of the silk merchant and property developer John Rudyard (or Rudyerd; 1650- ca.1718). It was completed in 1709 and destroyed by a fire in 1755, subsequently replaced by the famous Smeaton lighthouse. Plate 6 of A narrative of the building and a description of the construction of the Edystone lighthouse with stone, by John Smeaton (London, 1791). The Royal Society's copy was donated by the author on 20 January 1791. The plate is inscribed: 'South ELEVATION & SECTION of RUDYERD'S LIGHTHOUSE, Completed in 1709; represented as it stood previous to its demolition by Fire in the Year 1755.' Includes scale: 1 inch = 6 feet

Original: line engraving. 1784

  • Image reference: RS-10378

Discover more

More by the artist James Record.

Search for similar images:

Our prints

We use a 280gsm fine art paper and premium branded inks to create the perfect reproduction.

Our expertise and use of high-quality materials means that our print colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.

Read more about our fine art prints.

Manufactured in the UK

All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.

We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.

Delivery and returns

We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all unframed prints are despatched within 2-4 days via courier or recorded mail.

Delivery to the UK is £5 for an unframed print of any size.

We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.

This image on other products