Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks James Record

Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks by James Record

Fine art poster
Fine art poster

  • Amazing giclée print quality
  • 240gsm thick fine art print paper
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • Dimensions:
    • × cm including border ( × in)
    • × cm excluding border ( × in)
£49.95

Framed picture
Framed picture

  • Premium wooden frame with a thick bevel-cut mount
  • Fully strung, ready-to-hang
  • 100+ year colour guarantee
  • Dimensions:
    • × cm including border ( × in)
    • × cm excluding border ( × in)
£49.95

Postcard
Postcard

  • Printed on 320gms thick art paper
  • Artwork information on rear
  • Dimensions:
    • × cm including border ( × in)
    • × cm excluding border ( × in)
£49.95

Greetings card
Greetings card

  • Printed on 324gms thick Mohawk paper
  • Artwork information on rear
  • Supplied with envelopes & protective cellophane sleeves
  • Dimensions:
    • × cm including border ( × in)
    • × cm excluding border ( × in)
£49.95

Image information

Close

Sizing information

Dimensions
Overall size (inc frame) x cm ( x in)
Depth cm (in)
Artwork x cm ( x in)
Border (mount) cm top/bottom (in)
cm left/right (in)
The paper size of our wall art shipped from the US is sized to the nearest inch.
Model is 5ft4in or 1.62m
Model is 5'4" (1.62m)
Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks by James Record zoom

Rudyard's Lighthouse on the Eddystone Rocks

Depiction of the south elevation and section of the second lighthouse built upon the Eddystone Rocks, near Plymouth, following the destruction in 1703 of Henry Winstanley's first version. This second lighthouse, a conical wooden structure built around a core of brick and concrete, was constructed under the management of the silk merchant and property developer John Rudyard (or Rudyerd; 1650- ca.1718). It was completed in 1709 and destroyed by a fire in 1755, subsequently replaced by the famous Smeaton lighthouse. Plate 6 of A narrative of the building and a description of the construction of the Edystone lighthouse with stone, by John Smeaton (London, 1791). The Royal Society's copy was donated by the author on 20 January 1791. The plate is inscribed: 'South ELEVATION & SECTION of RUDYERD'S LIGHTHOUSE, Completed in 1709; represented as it stood previous to its demolition by Fire in the Year 1755.' Includes scale: 1 inch = 6 feet

Original: line engraving. 1784

  • Image reference: RS-10378

Discover more

More by the artist James Record.

Search for similar images:

Our framed prints

Every framed picture is created by hand in our workshop by specialist framers.

Black, white, brown, silver, gold or natural frames available, supplied ready to hang.

All our frames have a smooth satin finish, and measure 20mm (front face) by 23mm (depth from wall).

Read more about our framed art prints.

Manufactured in the UK

All products are printed in the UK, using the latest digital presses and a giclée printmaking process.

We only use premium branded inks, and colours are independently verified to last between 100 and 200 years.

Delivery and returns

We print everything to order so delivery times may vary but all framed pictures are despatched within 5-7 days via courier or recorded mail.

Delivery to the UK is £10 for a single framed print.

We will happily replace your order if everything isn’t 100% perfect.

This image on other products